Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lines Love Curves, and Stripes Love Dots

My niece's 18th birthday is coming up next week, and I am trying not to procrastinate so long in getting cards out this year.  So far so good since her big day is one week from today.


This is only a little like the image I had in my mind when I started, but it is such an improvement.  It is always encouraging when my cards turn out better than planned.  : )

I love how the chevron panel looks like a cell phone, and the message could be a text.  That is the part that I didn't plan.  I think an eighteen year old might appreciate that more than flowers and butterflies!

The bling was also an after-thought, but is just what the card needed...it was definitely nekkid without it.

Supplies used:
Stamps - PTI Big Birthday Wishes, Chevron Stripes
Paper - PTI white
Ink - Memento black, SU Cool Caribbean (retired)
Accessories - washi tape, SU designer label punch (retired), markers, rhinestones, dimensionals, corner rounder punch

On a side note, just after I posted my "Spring is Just Around the Corner" post, we received over 8" of snow, and it is snowing again today.  It is so beautiful outside, and finally looks like winter around here.  Yippee!  Time to curl up under my afghan with a cup of tea and a good book.

K

1 comment:

Susan Raihala said...

This is an AWESOME card, Karen! I adore the bling...totally necessary. And the color combo is so fresh and fun.